- Take writing classes taught by such award-winning children's writers and editors as Joy Cowley, Patricia Lee Gauch, Eileen and Jerry Spinelli, Kathi Appelt, Helen Hemphill, Kathryn Erskine, and Sneed Collard III, to name just a few of the wonderful writers at the Writers Workshop.You also get to have breakfast, lunch, and dinner with them for a week.
- Choose from more than forty-five hour-long workshops.
- Meet and chat with the Highlights editors and other staff.
- Get to know people interested in writing for children from across the U.S. and around the world.
- Go on such fun outings as a picnic at a farm and a barbecue at a lakefront house .
- Listen to inspirational speeches on writing and literature by such prize-winning writers as Sharon Creech.
- Receive two intensive critiques on your writing from a talented, experienced writer.
- Feast at gala banquet dinners at the historic Athenaeum Hotel.
- Enjoy the ambience of Chautauqua, home of the famed Chautauqua Institution, where you'll step back in time as you stroll past the Victorian gingerbread homes and a lovely lake, take in a concert at the Amphitheatre or head down a cobbled path to a lecture.
- Connect with mentors - both faculty and attendees - who can help you with your writing.
Readers, what writers' conferences and workshops have you attended that you loved or would recommend?
Hope you enjoyed this post! To be notified of future updates, use the subscription options on the right side bar.
|Students leaving a lecture hall at Chautauqua|
|The Athenaeum Hotel|